Hakim Berrah is an international business lawyer with over 14 years’ experience , and he is qualified in France (Paris Bar Association).
Hakim has joined Astertax Consulting as our representative in The Republic of Congo.
Hakim intervenes since several years in local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial transactions in African french speaking countries.
Hakim has also provided local, foreign, and multinational client on a range of matters including corporate structuring, foreign investment, labour issues, finance, tax, intellectual property rights, data privacy, and enforcement of foreign judgment and arbitral awards.
He also developed a specific expertise in MENA Zone, his knowledge of the cultural environment has permitted to establish stronger ties with partners in the zone.
In this scope, Hakim can advise foreign companies on all aspects of doing business in each country, covering both the legal and cultural aspects, through his in-depth knowledge of the continent combined with his project management skills.
With a team composed by international lawyers, Hakim is keen to render clients comprehensive legal and consultancy services always within the parameters of professionalism, expertise and timescales, in the client’s own language.
‣ Hotel Real Estate Investments & Asset Management - Cornell University (USA)
‣ CAPA Diploma Degree (French Qualified Lawyer)
‣ Master II in Construction and Planning Law, Sceaux University (Paris-Sud)
‣ Graduate Certificates in Criminal sciences and Criminological sciences Criminology Institute, Assas University
‣ Advanced Degree in Business Public Law, La Sorbonne University
‣ Bachelor Degree in Business Public Law, La Sorbonne University
‣ « Guide Pratique de Procédure à l’usage des Avocats » - « Practical Guide of French Procedure for Lawyers », EFB (currently on sale in France)
‣ « Réforme des collectivités locales : le devenir du patrimoine immobilier des établissements publics dissous », JCPA, 20 juin 2011.
‣ Several articles in specialized French review, Éd. DALLOZ
‣ Emerging Algeria 2008 – 2009, Oxford Business Group, 2009